Monday, February 16, 2015

Wonderful New Image of Comet We Are Flying Along With



The Rosetta spacecraft is continuing to circle Comet 67P (also known as Comet C-G) and send back amazing images. The picture accompanying this post was taken on Feb. 6 at a distance of 75 miles from the comet.

Rosetta, a mission by the European Space Agency, is flying along the icy chunk that is the comet, accompanying it on its long voyage to whip around the Sun. As we get closer, the ice of the comet will evaporate more and more, and great jets of gas will be seen coming from the comet. (Ice turns directly into gas in the vacuum of space.) You can see the beginning of this activity on our photo.

For the sake of honesty, we should mention that this 6-second image was processed to make the faint jets appear brighter and more easily visible.

We now know that the comet consists of two sections (called lobes, likes the two parts of your brain) connected by a slender neck. The bigger lobe is about 2.5 miles across, while the smaller one is about 1.5 miles wide. The jets seem to be coming from the neck region, which has been named Hapi, after the god in Egyptian mythology who makes the Nile River flood every year.

As the comet continues toward the Sun for its August closest approach, we expect many more spectacular jets to erupt on its surface. Stay tuned for wonderful images!

To see a first map of the regions on Comet 67P and what Egyptian gods the ESA scientists have named them after, see: http://sci.esa.int/rosetta/55297-comet-regional-maps/

1 comment:

  1. Want to know how to get over a broken heart? A break up can feel like the end of the world, but if you really do want to move on, here’s a complete guide on how to deal with a broken heart.My name is Mimi Bieber, i live in Tx,USA. since 6 months I have witness what is called heart broke. my boyfriend that promised me marriage failed me and impregnate me and leave,he dump me,he stop calling" he stop picking my calls,and he no longer respond to me. I have be looking for solution,I fall into the hands of fake spell caster,they rough me off and took my money without help.I have cried,I have weep"and tears runs out of eyes. The silentness in my heart brought me to the deepest path of failure that I lost my job. Crying all day,because of my life was lonely. So thanks to Dr Brave that came into my life and brought me the greatest joy that was lost. I saw his mail while browsing and I contact and tell him what I am passing through with no doubt because what saw about him,was enough to believe. And I was given words of solution on what to do. I can't really help thinking about it I have tried to see what I can do, I manage to provide him some materials and he help me with the rest,after casting the spell, 12hrs later he came with rose on his hand and I was even about going out,i saw him in front of my door when he sees me he knee and said he is dying I should forgive him and accept him back he was crying,I can't wait to let him finish I quickly crab him and kiss him, just then" he said he is restless without me, just as the prophet has said he will be. He brought out a ring and put it on my hand. Our wedding day was scheduled,1week after we got married. today makes it 2weeks and we are living happily I don't know how to praise him enough, he has done me a thing I can never forget. And I can't really share to myself alone, I want y'all to help me praise him because if it is wasn't for him I already plan of committing suicide. But right now I am now so happy more than I was before. And you out there crying for help you've already got one,Dr Brave is the man that you need in all rampart. contact his address if you need his service, bravespellcaster@gmail.com also contact him on his web site:http://lovespelldrbrave.weebly.com/Thanks you Dr Brave, i will always be testifying about your good work.

    ReplyDelete